When you start filling your camper up with the necessities you need, it somehow starts to feel a bit smaller….but with these helpful tips I will show you how to maximize the most out of your space and keep some of the clutter contained. These are my top 10 tips that I think are the most useful to keep your camper organized.
1. Those shoes in the entry way- this one drives me bonkers! Shoes can multiply quickly- especially if you have little ones. You have multiple shoes for everyone; from flip flops to tennis shoes. I have a couple of ideas that work great for keeping all those shoes out of the way.
Buy a trone from Ikea. These are very slim and shallow in design and work great to put shoes in. You can attach it to the wall right by the door, or they can be set on the floor. The great thing about these also is that you can get multiples and attach them side by side or on top of each other. They are a big space saver.
TRONE FROM IKEA-$29.99
If you are looking for a less expensive option, you can buy a plastic hanging shoe bag-the kind that you would hang on the back of a door. These sell on Amazon for $12.99 and they have a variety of uses. You can cut them and use them to store shoes in a variety of ways!
CUT AND HANG ON HOOKS AROUND THE BED
CUT AND HANG WITH HOOKS BY THE ENTRY DOOR
2. It seems like there is never enough space to hang jackets, sweatshirts, dog leashes, ect. These often end up on the backs of chairs or laying on the floor. My favorite solution for this is Homder hooks from Amazon. I use them all around my camper! They stick on the wall and don’t fall down like the command hooks! They are also waterproof-so you can use them in the bathroom for towels or loofahs in the shower! Plus they hold up to 13 pounds!! So you can hang those heavier jackets or bulky sweatshirts on them and they don’t fall down!
HOMDER TRANSPARENT HOOKS- $11.95 FOR AN 8 PACK ON AMAZON
3. If you have a camper with the bench seating that has cabinets that open up on the end, you will love this idea! The under the bench storage is GREAT, but it’s hard to reach to the back if you are looking for something. And who wants to take the cushion off every time you want to get something? Get one of those shorter tubs that have wheels on the bottom; this allows you to just open the cabinet and roll the tub out to find what you need!
THESE TUBS FIT PERFECT UNDER HERE
4. The dollar tree has these great baskets with handles that are perfect for grouping like items together and putting them in your kitchen cabinets and you fridge. No more digging-just pull out the basket you need to easily find what you are looking for.
DOLLAR TREE BASKETS
5. Magnetic boards that you can hang in your kitchen and use it to store spices in magnetic tins or knives. This frees up valuable space in drawers and keeps them handy for cooking. You can find the magnetic board at Ikea for $11.99 (the tins are separate) or you can always make your own with a cookie sheet. I love this idea for spices because you can just use the spices that are already in your kitchen, and you don’t need to transfer spices back and forth!
MAGNETIC BOARD-CAN BE USED FOR SPICES OR KNIVES
6. I like to use clear tubs to store and organize things like kids outside toys, extra shoes, bug spray & sunscreen, and store then in the underneath storage compartment. Then when you need them, you can find it easily. Also works great when the kids are playing with there toys, then you can just stick the tub underneath the camper for easy access!
SIX PACK OF CLEAR STACKABLE STORAGE TUBS- $28.49 ON AMAZON
7. File or magazine holders work great for hanging inside cabinets and using them to store things like tinfoil, paper plates, and sandwich bags! You can even get creative and use them anywhere-from underneath the bathroom sink to extra storage next to your bed. Just use the hooks that I mentioned in tip #2 and these will stay put.
THESE FILE HOLDERS WORK GREAT FOR MAXIMIZING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR KITCHEN SPACE
8. Use tension rods inside cabinets to store things that can hang on it, such as cleaning products. This keeps them off of the shelf so you can use that space for other things!
TENSION RODS WORK GREAT TO FREE UP SPACE BELOW
9. Invest in some collapsible kitchen containers-these save a lot of valuable space in your cabinets.
SET OF 3 COLLAPSIBLE BOWLS WITH LIDS-$12.00 ON AMAZON
10. Use this hanging mesh organizer in the shower to store all your shampoo, body wash, ect. Again, use the water proof hooks I mentioned in tip #2 to hang it in the shower. Keeps everything handy and when you are traveling you won’t have have everything all over your shower floor when you arrive at your destination!
GET A 2 PACK FOR $6.98 ON AMAZON
I hope you enjoyed my favorite camping organization tips! Happy Camping!