Are you planning a day of tailgating with your friends and family to celebrate the big game? Why not bring along a recipe that even the kids will love! Make this delicious tailgating recipe no matter where you plan to celebrate! These pizza pinwheels are easy and fun!
Original recipe found on FunMoneyMom.com and adapted for this post.
- Pizza dough
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz pepperoni slices
- 4 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Marinara, ranch, or other dipping sauce of your choice
- While the oven preheats to 375F, sprinkle flour on the counter to create a surface to roll out the dough.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a long rectangle and use your hands to gently stretch it into shape.
- Sprinkle the dough evenly with mozzarella cheese, covering the whole surface.
- Next, layer on the pepperoni.
- Once the toppings are in place, gently roll the dough lengthwise until you have a solid roll and seal the seams by pinching gently.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the pinwheels into 1 1/2″ thick slices.
- Grease a cookie sheet and add the pinwheels to the sheet, then top with parmesan and basil.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Celebrate your way! Contact us to find the perfect RV for your tailgating adventures and camping trips with your crew!