Get your kids involved with making this delicious fall camping recipe that everyone will love! These delightful orange campfire brownie cakes were found on Tablespoon.com and adapted for this blog. Your entire family will enjoy these delicious and easy desserts.
Recipe adapted from one found on Tablespoon.com
- 8 whole oranges
- 1 Betty Crocker™ Supreme turtle brownie mix (and ingredients called for on package)
- Frosted or cinnamon crunch cereal
- Caramel sauce
- Slice off 1″ of the top of each orange and set aside.
- Use a knife to slide around the edges of the orange, separating the peel from the flesh.
- Hollow out the orange with a spoon and repeat on the remaining oranges. It can be fun to get the kids involved with!
- Make the brownie batter according to the directions on the packaging.
- Using the oranges like a cupcake wrapper, add the brownie batter to the oranges, leaving 1″ from the top.
- Cover with the cut top of the orange and wrap in aluminum foil to seal completely. You’ll probably want to wrap the entire orange twice to prevent leaking.
- Cook directly on the campfire’s coals, rotating frequently for 30-50 minutes or until the cake is cooked through.
- Top with the cereal and caramel sauce! Serve hot!
Contact us for more information and to find your next RV.