Whether you’re at the campground or planning lunches for your weekend, these easy winter recipes are a perfect go-to on a cold day. These delicious soups are the perfect way to warm up this winter! Get the recipes below.
Italian Wedding Soup
Recipe adapted from one on liz blaser on Instagram
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 russet potato
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 bunch chopped curly kale
- 4 cups chicken or bone broth
- 1/4 c half and half or heavy cream
- Wash and dry all produce
- Dice the potatoes and onion, mince garlic, and roughly chop kale.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet and brown the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the sausage and cook through, draining excess oil.
- Add all the ingredients to your InstantPot and cook on high pressure for five minutes -until potatoes are soft.
Hearty Lentil Soup
Recipe adapted from one on https://dishingouthealth.com/
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes partially peeled
- 1 lb. parsnips peeled
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms sliced
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms stemmed
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary divided
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1 tsp. kosher salt divided
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 2 Tbsp. lower-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Cut the potatoes and parsnips into large chunks and add to a large pot. Slice mushrooms.
- Add water to the pot until they are covered and stir in a large pinch of salt.
- Bring to a rolling boil and reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer until the veggies are soft–approx. 30 minutes.
- While the veggies cook, heat a drizzle of oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add the onions and mushrooms. Saute until soft — approx. 8 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are golden brown, add garlic and tomato paste, cooking for 4-5 minutes.
- Add wine, 1 tbsp. rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper to taste, and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, flour, and soy sauce.
- Pour into the pan and simmer until thick.
- Stir in cooked lentils and remove the stems of thyme.
- Drain the potatoes and parsnips and return to the pot.
- Combine the milk, butter, 2 tsp rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash the potatoes and parsnips thoroughly, divide into four plates or bowls.
- Top the mash with the lentils and mushrooms and serve hot.
Contact us today to find your dream RV.