Hi, my name’s Kate, and I’m a full-time RVer, writer, wife, and mom. Our busy life means that I’m always looking for quick and easy meals to keep my little man and his daddy healthy and fed, which is why I recommend the Instant Pot for RVers and moms everywhere. Today, I’m going to share my favorite camping recipe that is healthy, simple, and easy to modify for your tastes, and you can make it all in one pot!
You can switch any of the vegetables out for fresh veggies, but I use frozen and canned because it cuts down on prep time. The chicken can also be swapped for raw chicken, but you’ll need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. When possible, I like to vary the ingredients with produce from the local farmer’s markets to create a unique array of flavors.
- 3-4 Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- 2.5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 1 Golden Beet — This can be hard to find, so you can easily substitute a red beet or skip it altogether, but I’ve found it adds a beautiful earthy note to the dish.
- 1 (14.5 oz) Bag Frozen Butternut Squash
- 1 Can Cut Green Beans
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Rinse and dry any fresh produce.
- Dice your onion, peel and chop the sweet potato and beet into 1″ cubes.
- Add olive oil, rice, and chicken broth to your instant pot and give it a stir.
- Layer in the frozen chicken and top each breast with a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Throw in all your veggies, garlic, and seasonings.
- Close and seal the instant pot lid. Pressure cook on high for 35 minutes.
- Allow the pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes after the cooking time is complete.
- Carefully depressurize the pot, open, and remove the chicken breasts. Shred the chicken with two forks and replace into the pot. Give it a stir, add salt and pepper if desired, and serve!
No joke, that’s it! This recipe is so simple that we make it once a week with different veggies and seasonings depending on what I have in my pantry. The best part? The pot cooks the rice, chicken, and veggies so perfectly that my boys clean their plates every time!
If you’re looking for an RV for sale that can make your dreams of family camping trips a reality, check out the toy haulers, travel trailers, and more for sale at RV World MN! Contact us for more information today!