You won’t want to leave home for your spring camping trips without this amazing and easy camping recipe! This is a year-round favorite for our family whether we’re at home or camping, and with minimal ingredients, prep, and clean up, you’ll want to make it again and again!
Campfire Sausage & Potatoes
- One pound fully cooked beef sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 pounds red potatoes, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-4 Tbs olive or cooking oil
- Paprika and ground thyme
- Salt and pepper
You’ll also need:
- Cutting board
- Large mixing bowl
- Dutch oven or cookie sheet
- Aluminum foil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450. Alternately, if you want to make this over the campfire, get it good and hot!
- Place diced potatoes, onion, and sausage together in a large mixing bowl and drizzle lightly with
- Mix together in mixing bowl and drizzle lightly with oil.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste.
For campfire method, place mixture in Dutch oven, cover with lid, and place/hang over campfire hook or on cooking grate.
For oven roasted method, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up, spread mixture evenly, and roast until potatoes are tender, approximate 25 minutes.
For both methods, once the potatoes are tender, cover evenly with shredded cheese and remove from heat. Allow the cheese to melt onto the mixture before serving. Enjoy!
The best part? The leftovers – if you have any! – make a sensational breakfast when reheated the next morning! I always double this recipe to make sure everyone gets their fill at dinner time and there are breakfast leftovers to save, because everyone loves it so much!
Contact us today for help shopping for a new or used RV. Maybe it’s time to look at a unit that has the perfect outdoor kitchen so you can enjoy making delicious meals like these on beautiful days! We’d love to help you get on the road in the perfect RV today!